Weddings are sacred occasions with great spiritual significance that help to fulfill the mission and vision of Temple Baptist Church. We are excited to be able to serve you during the process of your marriage and wedding planning.
Facilities and Fees
The fee to use our auditorium for your wedding is $350.00, including a refundable $50 deposit. Our Fellowship Hall is also available for rehearsal dinners and/or wedding receptions for an additional $200. These fees include the use of the facility, the cleaning of the facility, and the sound technician.
Holidays and Scheduling
We will not schedule weddings on Sundays or during major holiday weekends. December weddings are considered on a case-by-case basis.
If a Saturday wedding is requested, the ceremony should begin no later than 4:00 p.m. This is to allow time for cleaning and resetting all facilities for regular services.
The marriage of one man to one woman was ordained by God at creation. We believe that the best way to increase the odds of a happy ending is to have a proper beginning. It is our desire that your wedding be God-honoring in every way. Due to the great reverence that the Bible gives marriage the following criteria must be met before a couple may be considered for marriage at TBC:
- Only couples who profess faith in Christ, aren’t sexually intimate, and commit not to live together before marriage will be considered candidates for marriage at TBC.
- Couples will be required to attend a minimum of six counseling sessions at least 10 weeks prior to prospective wedding date. Additional counseling may be required if either has been divorced.
How to schedule a wedding at TBC:
Contact the church office to indicate the day you want to have your wedding and schedule an appointment with one of our pastors for a premarital interview.
- All weddings must have the approval of the Pastoral Staff before final reservations are made. Confirmation does not guarantee the date for your wedding. The date will only be held when we receive a wedding request form, a $50 deposit, and once you’ve had a meeting with one of our pastoral staff.
- Once you have met the above criteria you will receive an email confirming that we received your application and booked your date.
- One month prior to your wedding, one of our pastors will meet with you to discuss final details, including ceremony specifics, decorations, production needs. The remaining fees will be due at this meeting.
Request a pastor from TBC:
The responsibility of the Pastoral Staff of Temple Baptist Church is to provide a wedding ceremony that expresses the religious significance of marriage and the importance of this commitment in the eyes of God. Those seeking to be married by one of our Pastoral Staff are asking specifically for a Christian marriage that will be performed within Biblical and theological boundaries.
If you want one of our pastors to officiate your wedding, regardless of location, you will need to fill out a Wedding Request Form. All couples being married by a pastor from TBC must complete an approved premarital counseling course before marriage.
While anyone may request a pastor from TBC to officiate their wedding, not all weddings are approved. Each wedding request is decided on a case-by-case basis and is subject to the approval of the Pastoral Staff.